CODE OF ETHICS
JRTCA CODE OF ETHICS
ALL MEMBERS JOINING / RENEWING THEIR SUBSCRIPTION AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE CODE OF ETHICS. THE CODE WAS ADOPTED BY THE CLUB AT THE AGM OF JUNE 1987.
SECTION 1 - COMPLIANCE WITH CODE OF ETHICS
Any person applying for Membership, or renewel of Membership of the JRTC of A ( Inc ) shall, in addition agreeing to be bound by the Constitution, Rules and Regulations of the JRTC of A ( Inc ), be also bound to Code of Ethics relating to responsible ownership, including keeping, welfare, breeding, selling and disposing of dogs/bitches by Members to the effect of the Terms and Conditions set out under Section 2 hereof.
SECTION 2 - CODE OF ETHICS AND UNDERSTANDING
1) I shall ensure that at all times, all dogs/bitches under my control are properly housed, fed, watered, excersised and receive proper veterinary attention, if and when required.
2) I shall not allow any dog/bitch under my care to roam at large, and when away from home, ensure that they are kept fully leashed, or under efficient control at all times.
3) I shall breed ONLY for the purpose of improving the Breed, and not for the pet market or any other commercial purpose.
4) I shall not breed from any bitch kept by me before it is 12 mths of age, and thereafter not more than once in each succeeding period of 12 mths. Provided however, that it should be necessary through extenuating circumstances to breed from the bitch twice within 12 mths - I shall rest the bitch on the third season.
5) I shall not permit any of my registered Jack Russell Terriers to be mated to a dog/bitch of a different breed, or to a crossbred dog/bitch or to an unregistered dog/bitch of the same breed.
6) I shall not sell or otherwise transfer from my care, any pup under the age of 8 weeks of age. The aforementioned pup must be immunised at 6 weeks of age and be fully wormed to date of purchase ( eg : 2,4,6,8 weeks of age ).
7) I shall ensure that all persons acquiring pups or adult dogs/bitches from me clearly understand their responsibilities for the care and welfare of the animal......ie: adequate fencing, sufficient room and proper shelter, etc.
8) I shall not sell any pups or adult dogs/bitches to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet shops/dealers or directly or indirectly allow a puppy, dog or bitch to be given as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
9) I shall not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise or mislead any person regarding the performance of any dog/bitch.
10) I shall ensure when selling or transferring a pup or adult dog/bitch to another perosn, that official documents as required by the JRTC of A Inc will be provided to the purchaser or transferee at point of sale or transfer.
11) All Breeders with a JRTC of A Inc registered prefix ( while being Members of this Club ) MUST register ALL subsequent litters bred by them where JRTC of A registered dogs and bitches are used.
SECTION 3 - PENALTY
Any Member failing to observe any provision of the Code of Ethics may be dealt with by the Sitting Committee.
JRTCA HUNTING CODE OF ETHICS
I SHALL ABIDE BY ALL RULES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JRTCA INC.
I ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) I shall always seek permission to hunt and will obey landowners instructions.
2) I shall abide by all Government regulations and laws pertaining ti hunting and the use of a firearm, including safety.
3) I shall always leave the property free of rubbish including shotgun shells.
4) I shall have the best interest of the dogs/bitches under my control at all times, ensuring the dogs/bitches do not suffer any undue harm. This includes transport to and from properties.
5) I shall always dispatch the fox or other feral pest hunted in a quick and humane way.
6) I shall NEVER TRAP live animals for the use of training dogs/bitches to hunt.
&0 I shall not use a dog/bitch under 8mths of age to hunt fox.
8) I shall only hunt feral pests and such game as allowed by State law and not allow the dogs/bitches under my control to attack or kill any protected species.
9) I shall ensure that I discourage dogs/bitches under my control from harrassing livestock at all times.
10 ) ANY MEMBER WHO CONTRAVENES ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE AND, IF NECESSARY, ACTION TAKEN.